For the past year or year and a half I have been absolutely obsessed with watching certain YouTubers. I have come across some that I literally do not go a day or week without watching! One YouTuber in particular who’s name is Tanya Burr, makes baking videos and also has her own book that is now out called Tanya Bakes.
Me being the chocolate lover that I am, I absolutely had to make this delicious cake. The cake is super moist and the chunks of chocolate add such a great touch to it. So lets get right into it :)!
Note: I did not have castor sugar, and if you don’t either no need to worry. What you can do is take granulated sugar and pulse-blend it until the texture is superfine. You can use either a magic bullet ( this is what I did ) or you can use a hand mixer. Just make sure not to over blend.
If you would like to watch her video on YouTube you can find it here.
What you will need:
1 Loaf tin
1 cup unsalted butter
200g (7/8 cups) of castor sugar4 eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
150g (1 cup) of self raising flour
60g (1/2 cup) of cocoa powder
100g of white chocolate
100g of milk chocolate
100g of caramilk chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy
3. Put in the 4 eggs and you can add vanilla if you’d like
4. Add in baking powder then gradually add in the flower
5. Add in the cocoa powder
6. Fold in the chocolate chunks
7. Cook for 40 minutes. Depending on your oven you may need more or less time. So make sure to check around 35 minutes!
8. Drizzle remainder of white chocolate
Tripple Chocolate Loaf Cake: